[#1] Elsat AT-BUS HD
Hello. I don't know Polish, though I will write in Russian (I think you will understand me).

У меня есть контроллер винчестера Elsat AT-BUS HD, но у него сгорели микросхемы ROM и у меня нет к нему дискеты с драйверами. Хотел попросить у Вас помощи. Нужен файл прошивки ROM и образ дискетки с драйверами. Заранее благодарен. Dzienki.
[#2] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #1

Eee, use google translator becuse this aphabet is a little different than ours;)

[#3] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #1

Ja mu nie pomogę, bo nie mam nic z tego kontrolera. Ale jak ktoś może pomóc, to kolega ze wschodu prosi o ROM (zjarał mu się) i dyskietkę ze sterownikami do kontrolera - to tak, dla tych co nie musieli uszyć się tego lengłydża :).
Pozdro.

P.S.
Fazior nie kompromituj naszego miasta! :)

Ostatnia modyfikacja: 02.09.2008 18:53:04
[#4] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Kitech, post #3

Elsat site still exist as far as i remember i was downloading drivers for prograb ( year or two ago). Ps. witam krajana:D. Ps2;), ja od podstawowki na niemieckim jade:).

[#5] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Fazior, post #4

Maybe, somebody has driver diskette and ROM image from Elsat MEGARAM HD? I think, this diskette can work on my AT-BUS HD.
[#6] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Fazior, post #4

jeśli pamietasz gdzie ta strona Elsatu jest (bo Google wyrzuca przede wszystkim linki do operatora telewizji kablowej, a na ich stronie nic nie ma o Ami), to wrzuć linka
[#7] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #6

Wlasnie ja obadalem ale nie widze sterownikow juz do zadnych amigowych zabawek http://www.elsat.com.pl/

[#8] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #5

Use the link from the post above, and try to contact with guys. Maybe they will send you drivers.

[#9] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #1

I have sent e-mail to Elsat with request for acces to this software. In case of positive answer I will write down some information in this thread.
Greetings.
[#10] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #9

Thank you, but I have written to Elsat and had no answer...
[#11] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #10

Yup! Now I have drivers, but when I turn controller on, system hangs. Maybe, it is because ROMs burned out.
[#12] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #11

Unfortunately there are very little persons owning working MegaRAMHD in the Amiworld. I do not know any of them (my brother in law used MegaRAM HD, Ami worked fine with it, but it was fifteen years ago... now it is real rara avis) Are you sure you have set up all jumpers properly? Are SIMMs working? Have you tested it without HDD?

Ostatnia modyfikacja: 06.10.2008 21:06:35
[#13] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #12

Maj friend EJTIBAS EJDż DI noł hef ram ;) only harddrajf :))

[#14] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Rembrand, post #13

Aj fink łen ju kent help ju szudynt łrajt enyfink, espesziely sacz szit.

* sasha - is not to you, this is special answer for this trolling guy using his own, specific language ;)
[#15] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #14

joł joł joł

[#16] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #14

First of all if you tralk about help write something that might help, not general toughts:)

Hey Sasha, deal is - if roms are burned Elsat shall not help you - they have no intrest in amiga anymore, they have zero documantation, nor software.

It is difficult to dump the ROMs because Elsat removed description from them.
As far as I remeber - there are some GALs which are also read - locked.

Question is - how can you tell ROMs are burned?
What HDD do you connect? They tend to not work with many HDDs, try small Caviar up to 200 MB, most preferably 40-100MB.

Do your amiga boot up with AT BUS HD connected without HDD?
How do you jumpered it?

[#17] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Rembrand, post #16

no i nie trzeba było tak od razu? po co wypisywać tutaj jakieś pierdoły, które nienajlepiej świadczą o forum i dyskutantach?

Information about problems with disk larger than 300 MB is not correct: my brother in law (who I mentioned before) had 850 MB Caviar connected to his MegaRAM HD and it was working perfectly under both 1.3 and 3.1 AmigaOS.
I think the first thing to check is to run MegaRAM HD without HDD. If this device has jumper "0 MB RAM" or "Amnesia" or something of that sort, try to set it and then check Amiga. If Ami boots, try to plug SIMMs (and change jumpers) and boot it. And finally check it with connected HDD. This way you can eliminate problems with MegaRAM HD internals, memory, disk drive respectively.
The second thing is aging of electronic devices - Mega RAM HD must be older than 15 years - it is prehistory ;) . Try to clean all sockets, pins, ICs in sockets ...
What kind of software have you obtained? Partitioning program only? ... any of more advanced repair needs files for Mega RAM HD EPROM and GALs programming.

Ostatnia modyfikacja: 08.10.2008 21:40:45
[#18] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #17

your info is not correct :)

1.First revision didn't work with larger than 200MB disks, (probably 1.0 dont remember)
2. second revision (called 1.1 or 1.2) works ok
3. First revision couldnt format larger disks, however if you move large disk setup and format under 1.2 first to 1.0 it worked fine.
3. above info is for Megaram HD (Memory + HDD).
4. Sasha has AT Bus HD (HDD only, no memory)

[#19] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Rembrand, post #18

ups... I was sure Sasha had MegaRAM HD. So, the number of possible problems is lower. My fault.
But it is impossible to imagine that producer could differ firmware to these very similar devices - the way of connecting controller to Ami bus is exactly the same.
The tip of using smaller drive could be usable (in case of problems with controller - AmigaOS has no big limitations, for example I have three 1 GB partitions in my A2000 under OS1.3).
[#20] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #1

I think I might be able to help. As far as I remember I do have an Elsat A500 HD Controller somewhere on my Attic, and it was dead but the ROMs seemed fine. If I can help you somehow, please contact me via e-mail.

I'm sorry, nevermind that, I also realized that I have an MegaRAM controller, unfortunately.

Ostatnia modyfikacja: 09.10.2008 21:39:38

Ostatnia modyfikacja: 09.10.2008 21:41:10
[#21] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #19

I tested my AT-BUS without HDDs. When one man gave it to me? he said? that one of GALs were burned, but he made an analog of this IC on ... DIODES and RESISTORS! Then he said, that ROMs were burned, but it isn't fully true, because I can't read this ROMs. Then, when i found drivers, I tried to boot from diskette with AT-BUS attached? But when i inserted diskette on my floppy, system hung!!! THen, in removed ROMs from their sockets, and system began to boot. But, when Workbench screen must be appeared, I saw Guru Meditation. I don't know what to do. Maybe, it is problem in GAL chip.

PS. I'm from Belarus, Brest what isn't s ofar from you ;)
[#22] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #21

Well, I couldn't start my AT-BUS controller. I found a500ide expansion on Aminet, but this controller isn't autobooting. Maybe, someone knows how to build autoboot ROM from ide.device driver?

p.s. Now I have kickstart 3.1 , 2.0 and 1.3. Maybe? it will be easyer to boot from 3.1 version.
[#23] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #22

Nobody knows how to do this?
[#24] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #23

I would advise to also ask on other sites, like EAB and LA.

[#25] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #23

Very interestic expansion board for A500 was on Aminet some time ago, it was russian project. It consisted of Kickstart3.0, IDE controller and fast ram expansion up to 8 MB (Simm PS2). The idea was very clear - IDE controller was connected to A500 bus the same way as controller in A1200, so original scsi.device in kick 3.0 is able to boot from this. Of course, it worked under kick3.0 only (maybe it could be controlled by scsi.device on file loaded from floppy, but I am not sure). Some years ago a have started to collect parts for build it and programmed Eproms for it. But design of pcb was too hard for me (my pcbs were handmade then) and I abandoned it.
I tried to find this project on aminet yesterday, but unfortunately I have not found anything. May it was deleted? I will try to search through my own archives on HDD.
Are you interested in this project?
[#26] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #21

So You have contact with somebody who managed reverse engineering on programmed GALs ? - squeeze out of him any information about it (he may know something about it's content). ELSAT don't have neither programs nor schematics for Amiga devices anymore (all data about it has been lost). That's why it's very hard to "bring to life" dead old ELSAT equipment like MegaRam or MegaRamHD. Try using SCSI Zorro card instead of IDE controller, and reconnecting pins of Zorro bus to A500 expansion ... card should fit in ELSAT's MegaRamHD case.
[#27] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #25

I have this project (old and new variant). I can mail it for you.
[#28] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@_luk, post #26

First of all, it is very big problem with searching for SCSI hard disk. It is very rare thing. And it is problem with programmin GALs and PALs. :(
[#29] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@Sasha, post #28

Sometimes you can find 1-2 50 pin SCSI disks on www.allegro.pl (I think there are no limitations for non polish citizens), this service has its russian version: http://www.molotok.ru/ ... I have found several 50 pin disks there for example http://www.molotok.ru/item463750861_1_hdd_scsi_50pin_2_1gb.html
[#30] Re: Elsat AT-BUS HD

@wali7, post #29

День добрый. Прошу извинения, что пишу не по-английски и не по-польски. Удалось мне считать информацию из ROM контроллера. Файл с прошивкой лежит на http://zx.pk.ru/showpost.php?p=194082&postcount=17 Пожалуйста, Гуру, дизассемблируйте кто-нибудь этот код чтобы открыть наконец-то тёмный занавес... Спасибо.
Na stronie www.PPA.pl, podobnie jak na wielu innych stronach internetowych, wykorzystywane są tzw. cookies (ciasteczka). Służą ona m.in. do tego, aby zalogować się na swoje konto, czy brać udział w ankietach. Ze względu na nowe regulacje prawne jesteśmy zobowiązani do poinformowania Cię o tym w wyraźniejszy niż dotychczas sposób. Dalsze korzystanie z naszej strony bez zmiany ustawień przeglądarki internetowej będzie oznaczać, że zgadzasz się na ich wykorzystywanie.
OK, rozumiem