kategoria: Blitz
[#301] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@andydansby, post #300

If You write full physics of the ball, is only first step.

Then You must writing all the table reactions, scoring and bottom Screen Coplist with LED TEXTs. This is many, many writing of code, so I think to writing simple pinball, as mine, from beginning to end. No scrolling, no difficult graphics, rollercoasters or any tricks of DualPlayfield. Simple pinball to write only vector physics and simple scoring system. Maybe on 3 bitplanes screen...
[#302] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@tukinem, post #301

I'm only sharing ideas and algorithms off to help. I'm not going to write Pinball Dreams 2.

I've got my own project that I'm working on with a different platform in C and assembler (Z80). It's time consuming, so I took a break to give some formulas when you decide to tackle your project again.

Our programming techniques are different, so it might be difficult to reconcile the techniques. I tend to push a lot of algorithms to functions as it is how C programmers quite often do things. From your code I can see that you like to resolve problems in-line. There is no superior method, just differences. You've got some good code there.

I don't even have a programming environment for the Amiga, so the code that I posted is ad-hock from my working C code translated to Blitz, it may not even work properly (in Blitz).

One thing that I can say is that ATAN in Blitz seems to be like many versions of ATAN which has a weakness, it does not output the Quadrant that the slope is measured. ATAN2 was made to show the quadrant. That's ported code from Nvidia.

I'm not big on writing with Vectors as they can be troublesome by needing to calculate SQRT which can be CPU consuming unless you build a LUT. I don't think that the inverse SQRT trick link would apply on Blitz.

Ostatnia aktualizacja: 29.01.2023 14:39:32 przez andydansby

Ostatnia aktualizacja: 29.01.2023 14:40:05 przez andydansby
[#303] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@andydansby, post #302

HERE is actually version of game. I wrote some physics, more bugs are deleted. We can click on scrolling intro text to skip this intro part.

TUTAJ jest aktualna wersja gry. Dopisałem poprawki fizyki, poprawiłem więcej błędów. Możemy teraz bez błędów kliknąć na ekranie scrollowanego tekstu podczas intro, aby pominąć tą część.
[#304] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@tukinem, post #303

I just gave the game a play on the latest version. I'm not really seeing much of anything bad about the physics. The Gravity may be a bit on the heavy side, but it plays fairly well.

Does the ball handle differently than Pinball dreams? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No, not really.

Unless you want to delve into the assembler of Pinball and completely understand it, it's going to be hard to understand it completely.

At some point in the past, Pinball Dreams was converted to C from the 68000 assembler for porting to other platforms. That is a closed source code that is not available "in the wild" link. The best way to do this is exactly the way you are doing it. Continue to make tweaks and have people test it.

I for one think that you have done a good job at this.
[#305] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@andydansby, post #304

Dzisiaj zagrałem w Soccer Pinball. Skoro fizyka pinballa stworzona przeze mnie jest słaba, to jak nazwać tamtą...
[#306] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@tukinem, post #305

Grał ktoś kiedyś w Quicksilver Pinball?

Piłka tam się kula, jak chce. Że też ktoś napisał taką fizykę do gry komercyjnej... Myślałem że wersja z tego wątku jest straszna :P
[#307] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@tukinem, post #306

Jedyne słuszne komercyjne pinballe na Amigę to te wydane przez 21st Century Entertainment.
[#308] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@diobou, post #307

Jedyne słuszne komercyjne pinballe na Amigę to te wydane przez 21st Century Entertainment.

Nie do końca. Pinball Mania to straszna padaka i takie Obsession czy Ultimate Pinball Quest są o niebo bardziej grywalne.

Ostatnia aktualizacja: 05.02.2023 13:17:50 przez kempy
[#309] Re: Powstawanie nowej gry w Blitz 2

@kempy, post #308

Szczególnie Ultimate Pinball Quest. Dla mnie to najlepszy pinball na Amigę, włączając w to Slam Tilt.
Na stronie www.PPA.pl, podobnie jak na wielu innych stronach internetowych, wykorzystywane są tzw. cookies (ciasteczka). Służą ona m.in. do tego, aby zalogować się na swoje konto, czy brać udział w ankietach. Ze względu na nowe regulacje prawne jesteśmy zobowiązani do poinformowania Cię o tym w wyraźniejszy niż dotychczas sposób. Dalsze korzystanie z naszej strony bez zmiany ustawień przeglądarki internetowej będzie oznaczać, że zgadzasz się na ich wykorzystywanie.
OK, rozumiem